We have an exciting opportunity for a Head of National Sales to join the UK’s largest specialist wine retailer!
Reporting into General Manager role will involve working with Commercial's largest and most high profile customers as well as growing our customer base in the traditional National On-Trade Sector. Aside from commercials most demanding and complex accounts, requiring a sophisticated, tailored approach to account management we are looking for a Hotels On-Trade specialist to help us grow and develop in this sector. The candidate will have an in depth knowledge of the Hotel sector with a black book of key contacts.
- New business acquisitions in the hotel sector
- Provide training sessions & educational support to customer teams to optimise the end-consumer experience.
- Support all National accounts both from the office and on-site events, acting as a trusted advisor and key point of contact. Some weekend and evening work will be involved, and flexibility to work around key client’s events is essential.
- Manage the smooth running of accounts including accurate statementing and the management of prices, margins and service levels in relation to contractual commitments.
- Assist the customer inaccurate forecasting and stock control to ensure optimum availability during events and with ongoing stock requirements.
- Proactively identify potential operational issues, advising and troubleshooting as necessary to ensure the best outcome for the customer and Majestic.
- Complete target criteria for account management, ensuring KPIs are met while consistently presenting Majestic Commercial as a credible, professional and reliable partner.
- Maintain a strategic account management approach, understanding the customer’s business inside out, managing expectations effectively, problem-solving and consistently delivering over and above their requirements. At the same time, use your commercial abilities to negotiate win-win solutions for both the customer and Majestic.
- Facilitate relationships between suppliers & accounts
Knowledge & Skills Required:
In-depth knowledge of the on-trade is essential (Hotels, Pub, Restaurant)
The successful candidate will be analytical and numerate with good attention to detail.
The role requires a motivated self-starter with a proven track record of exceeding targets, the drive to provide best-in-class service and a passion for our products.
Strong communication and persuasive skills are essential for this role.
You will have strong relationship building skills and be highly articulate and proactive, able to think strategically, deliver complex messages and manage expectations effectively.
Computer literate with a working knowledge of Word and Excel. Experience with G-suite would also be an advantage.
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Watford Support Centre/Field Based
We look forward to receiving your application! Together we are Majestic! #TWAM