Your store's success is down to you. You'll excel in this through delivering an excellent customer experience, hitting your gross profit target and developing your team.
You will lead by example as an innovative manager, creating new ideas on how to grow your customer base. This will be through motivating a highly successful team who give expert recommendations, running engaging tasting events and delivering a shopping experience like no other.
What's it like being a Store Manager?
- Your store's success is down to you. You'll motivate your team to make sure everyone delivers five-star customer service.
- You'll be committed to achieving operational excellence in your store. You'll be the problem fixer, and you'll make things happen by taking on the responsibility. This will be through maintaining outstanding store conditions and visual merchandising standards.
- You'll lead your team to success and hit sales targets.
- You'll be an exceptional people manager, helping your team learn, develop and progress their careers at Majestic Wine.
- You'll be a commercially minded person who will seek out opportunities to increase gross profit and reduce costs.
- You'll use your expert wine knowledge to tell the story of wines, beers and spirits at the in-store tasting counter and when recommending a customer's next favourite drink.
- You'll get a good deal of exercise on shift – there are a lot of wine boxes to shift around.
Training and development
We'll continue to build your knowledge and managerial skill set. You'll already be fantastic at engaging with customers and may have already begun WSET training, and we'll insist on continuing with your development.
The next level is Business Partner. The Majestic Partner program gives our best-performing Store Managers the autonomy to run their stores as if it's their own business. The more profit you make, the bigger share you'll receive. See the Become a Partner page for more information.
Our key focus is to help our customers discover wines, beers and spirits they love. And with better recommendations comes happier, returning customers. That's why we offer plenty of education opportunities for all our colleagues.
The Majestic Product Induction
Get to grips with the basics of how to confidently recommend wines, beers and spirits.
WSET Levels 2-4
A wide range of internationally-recognised wine qualifications from The Wine & Spirit Education Trust.
The Majestic Bolt-Ons
We'll keep you up to date with our ever-improving range as it continues to grow.
- Up to 20% staff discount when shopping online and in store.
- Store bonus schemes – earn more on top of your salary.
- The opportunity to travel around the world and see beautiful vineyards through store incentives.
- 29 days holiday, including public and bank holidays.
- A contributory company pension plan.
- Life assurance worth three times your annual salary.
- Career development opportunities.
- Uniform provided.
- The chance to become a Majestic Business Partner – run your stores and team like it's your own business for big rewards.