Become A Partner
Once you exceed your targets as a Store Manager, you can apply to get promoted and become a Partner.
This gives you full autonomy of your store. You'll run it as if it's your own business and share the rewards of its success. You'll use your great coaching and leadership skills to continuously develop your team, while ensuring our customers benefit from a five-star shopping experience like no other.
Every year our highest performing store managers have the opportunity to join the Partner programme. Successful applicants receive enhanced rewards and responsibilities, in recognition of their contribution to the wider business. Partners also work closely with our leadership team to build, test and feedback on key growth initiatives, thereby helping to shape our future success.
Jack Robinson, Learning Partner
What's it like being a Partner?
- You will play a vital role in the growth of the business, seizing every opportunity to increase sales and reduce costs in your region.
- You'll be committed to achieving operational excellence in your stores. You'll be the problem fixer, and you'll make things happen by taking on the responsibility. This will be through maintaining outstanding store conditions and visual merchandising standards.
- Once you've achieved your store sales targets, you'll replace yourself with your Assistant Manager, who will receive a bonus equivalent to that of a Store Manager every month you're out of the store.
- You will give your feedback to our Heads of Department in several listening groups.
- You will support your Regional Coach with their responsibilities. This includes recruiting new Store Managers and helping colleagues learn, develop and progress their careers at Majestic Wine.
- You will ensure your store continues to achieve sales targets while you're away.
Training and development
You'll trial new systems and processes and feedback on their effectiveness. This allows the business to get a feel for how new
approaches work with stores and customers.
You'll also have opportunities to access the Apprenticeship Levy for external training, certification and qualifications – furthering
your progression to the next level.
"I'm running the WSET lessons and exams and doing the admin associated with that.
That includes inviting students to webinars and exams, sending off mock test results and completed exam papers and running the WSET calendar for the West region."
Jack Gallery, Partner, The West
Our key focus is to help our customers discover wines, beers and spirits they love. And with better recommendations comes happier, returning customers. That's why we offer plenty of education opportunities for all our colleagues.
The Majestic Product Induction
Get to grips with the basics of how to confidently recommend wines, beers and spirits.
WSET Levels 2-4
A wide range of internationally-recognised wine qualifications from The Wine & Spirit Education Trust.
The Majestic Bolt-Ons
We'll keep you up to date with our ever-improving range as it continues to grow.
- An enhanced bonus plan, exclusive to Partners.
- Priority access to tasting panels and supplier tastings.
- Up to 20% staff discount when shopping online and in store.
- Store bonus schemes – earn more on top of your salary.
- The opportunity to travel around the world and see beautiful vineyards through store incentives.
- 29 days holiday, including public and bank holidays.
- A contributory company pension plan.
- Life assurance worth three times your annual salary.
- Career development opportunities.
- Uniform provided.